Print2Flash documents using AVM1 (so can't embed)

Publishing Print2Flash Documents embedding them in Flash movies
Hemisphere
Print2Flash documents using AVM1 (so can't embed)

Post by Hemisphere » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi all,

We've created a bunch of SWFs from a PDF, and when we try and embed those SWFs into other SWFs that are AS3 and targeting Flash Player 10, we get this error:

"It is illegal to move AVM1 content (AS1 or AS2) to a different part of the displayList when it has been loaded into AVM2 (AS3) content."

Does Print2Flash output files using AVM1? If so, is there any way to force AVM2 use?

We have tried having the "Disable Print2Flash Document API Support" both checked and unchecked, and can confirm we have specified the targeting of Flash 10 or higher. However, we're always getting the same error. We are specifying no skin and have unchecked all of the interface options

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Glyn

staff

Re: Print2Flash documents using AVM1 (so can't embed)

Post by staff » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:45 pm

You need to switch to ActionScript 3 mode. You may achieve this if you choose "Use standard template (ActionScript 3)" option in the Output Tab of Document Options Window.

reverend

Post by reverend » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 am

I believe that there may be an issue with Print2Flash - when you select "save as one page per file" the interface hides the AS3 option and does not allow you to specify the AS version.

I believe that all files created for "one file per page" are created in AS1-2.

Hemisphere

Post by Hemisphere » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks for the replies. I believe 'reverend' is correct. I cannot select Actionscript 3 when I'm doing one page per file.

Is there any way around this?

Thank you!

Glyn

staff

Post by staff » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:46 am

To load a SWF page file produced in "Single file per page" into another Flash movie using ActionScript 3, you may use the following code:

Code: Select all

var mLoader:Loader = new Loader();
     var mRequest:URLRequest=new URLRequest("page_1.swf"); // Place the URL for your page file here
     mLoader.load(mRequest);
     addChild(mLoader); // You need to call this method on the parent movie in which you intend to display the page file