load / unload ?

Publishing Print2Flash Documents embedding them in Flash movies
evisionsmx
Re: load / unload ?

Post by evisionsmx » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:49 am

Hi.

Im testing print2flash and i think its awesome. But i cant load print2flash generated swfs into another swf without replacing the entire movie. I mean, what i need is something like replacing a movie clip with the print2flash swf.

i checked the .fla you posted as an example, but it doesnt work, does the same thing, it blinks part of the movie or something.

I use mac, with print2flash movies generated in pc, is ot a problem??

Thanx for your help

staff

Post by staff » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:36 am

evisionsmx wrote:Hi.

Im testing print2flash and i think its awesome. But i cant load print2flash generated swfs into another swf without replacing the entire movie. I mean, what i need is something like replacing a movie clip with the print2flash swf.

i checked the .fla you posted as an example, but it doesnt work, does the same thing, it blinks part of the movie or something.

I use mac, with print2flash movies generated in pc, is ot a problem??

Thanx for your help
Do you want your Flash movie area to be replaced by a Print2Flash document? If so, you may need to set width and height of the Print2Flash document to be equal to your movie dimensions. If you use the "Print2Flash Document API Sample for ActionScript3 documents for Flash CS movies using ActionScript3" sample from Print2Flash SDK, you may load a Print2Flash document with this line:

Code: Select all

var P2FDocLoader:Print2FlashDoc3=new Print2FlashDoc3("sample.swf",0,0,stage.stageWidth,stage.stageHeight,this);

evisionsmx

Post by evisionsmx » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:33 am

Thanx

I would prefer a solution in AS2 if possible

Thanx in advance

staff

Post by staff » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:46 am

evisionsmx wrote:Thanx

I would prefer a solution in AS2 if possible

Thanx in advance
For a similar AS2 sample ("Print2Flash Document API Sample for ActionScript2 documents for Flash movies using ActionScript2") the document loading line should look like this:

Code: Select all

LoadPrint2FlashDoc("sample.swf",0,0,Stage.width,Stage.height,"MyDoc",_root,P2FListener);

evisionsmx

Post by evisionsmx » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi again.

Sorry but no luck. Ive been following the instructions in the help document but it keeps blinking and never loading. I also followed your last option but i get the same result.

Could it be possible to get a .fla as an example?? or maybe a .zip. I know i am asking too much but it wolud be really helpful.

Im trying to replace a movie clip with the print2flash .swf

Thanx

staff

Post by staff » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:25 pm

evisionsmx wrote:Hi again.

Sorry but no luck. Ive been following the instructions in the help document but it keeps blinking and never loading. I also followed your last option but i get the same result.

Could it be possible to get a .fla as an example?? or maybe a .zip. I know i am asking too much but it wolud be really helpful.

Im trying to replace a movie clip with the print2flash .swf

Thanx
The .fla sample is located in the Print2Flash SDK (in the DocumentAPI\ActionScript2 documents\Samples\Flash8 folder of SDK archive). You just need to replace the line which loads the document (which calls LoadPrint2FlashDoc function) with the line we posted above.
If you still experience this issue after you tried that, please send a sample problem project to our support e-mail and we'll try to help you to make it work.

evisionsmx

Post by evisionsmx » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi again.

I finally did it, but only i f the swf is produced by the free version, i was using de commercial edition. Is there a restriction in the commercial edition??

Thanx!!

staff

Post by staff » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 am

evisionsmx wrote:Hi again.

I finally did it, but only i f the swf is produced by the free version, i was using de commercial edition. Is there a restriction in the commercial edition??

Thanx!!
There shouldn't be any differences between how Print2Flash documents generated by commercial and free editions are loaded.