Embedding pwf files > 1MB causes CPU problems

Publishing Print2Flash Documents embedding them in Flash movies
jmunning
Embedding pwf files > 1MB causes CPU problems

Post by jmunning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm having a problem using print2flash documents in my Flash file because it seems that if the print2flash swf is > 2MB the entire flash file slows down. The happens when I load a 2.4 MB file into docapisample.fla, everything slows down and the curosr becomes jerky.

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround.

Also I see that the 2.4 MB print2flash file was generated from a 138 KB powerpoint file. I converted it with p2fserver.exe and turned off all of the header buttons. Are there certain options that make the filesize bigger?

Thanks.

jmunning

Re: Embedding pwf files > 1MB causes CPU problems

Post by jmunning » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:35 pm

Hmm, upon further review, it doesn't seem to be neccesarily related to the file size. I tried a different 10MB swf and it worked fine. Could it be the content of the ppt file?

staff

Post by staff » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:18 am

The speed of the Flash Player rendering of Flash documents depends on the document complexity, i.e. the number and sizes of images on the pages, the number of different graphic elements in the document and so on. If your document is scaled so as to show a lot of pages at the same time, it may affect perormance as well as Flash Player has to render more graphics elements simultaneously.
To reduce size and increase speed you may try to lower resolution in the Default Printing Preferences window. Also, you may try to use various JPEG quality settings in the Document Options window. However, the difference between original and Flash files suggests that something is wrong at conversion. If you can, please send the original PowerPoint file to Print2Flash support so that we may investigate this problem.

Gwaltnak

Post by Gwaltnak » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 pm

I have been using Swish Max2 to build websites and Flash paper2 for docs and everything works great until I try using a document converted with Print2Flash. The file just will not load at all!!! Am I missing something? or is this just not going to work?

staff

Post by staff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Do you use the technique for loading Print2Flash documents described at this help topic: http://print2flash.com/help/UsingDocume ... mFlash.php ?