Changing skin

Publishing Print2Flash Documents embedding them in Flex applications
rusdobr
Changing skin

Post by rusdobr » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:53 am

Hi,

I'm using flex builder 3.

1. I need to customize top bar and scrolls. Is that possible?

2. Is it possible to hide top bar or change logo?

3. I need to use it at standalone application. I will use MDM Zinc. Will I have some problems with loading content? As fare as I see, it laodsd it passing localconnection parameters. Should I care? I can't start application now without web-server support now, but my application is standalone.

4. I have some error messages with your sdk samples. They according to label
undefined
at mx.controls::Label/commitProperties()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\controls\Label.as:1245]
at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5670]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:519]
at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:669]
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8460]
at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8403]

I solved that by

public function SetPageNo(page:Number):void {
if( !isNaN(totalPages) ){
PageNo.text = page+" of "+totalPages;
}
}

Thanks

Ruslan

staff

Re: Changing skin

Post by staff » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 am

rusdobr wrote:1. I need to customize top bar and scrolls. Is that possible?
2. Is it possible to hide top bar or change logo?
In current version you can only turn on or off toolbar buttons using Document Options window checkboxes. If you want to completely customize the toolbar, you can turn off the toolbar altogether by clearing all interface option checkboxes in the Document Options window and implement your own toolbar with your own look and feel and logo in your Flex application. To implement your button actions your application can communicate with Print2Flash documents using Print2Flash Document API.
rusdobr wrote:3. I need to use it at standalone application. I will use MDM Zinc. Will I have some problems with loading content? As fare as I see, it laodsd it passing localconnection parameters. Should I care? I can't start application now without web-server support now, but my application is standalone.
We anticipate no problems when using Flex movies that display Print2Flash documents in Zink applications. In fact we tried to build a Zink application from the Flex Print2Flash SDK sample and it was built OK and worked fine there.
rusdobr wrote:4. I have some error messages with your sdk samples. They according to label
We do not experience this problem with Flex Print2Flash SDK sample in Flex Builder 3 and we are not sure why you have this problem.