is it possible 2 edit p2f document?

Publishing Print2Flash Documents embedding them in Flex applications
psunniaitec
is it possible 2 edit p2f document?

Post by psunniaitec » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:20 am

hi...

i am developing a web application using fms server. i am able to share the documents among various clients accessing the server.

is it possible to edit the document at running time such that the change made by one can be vissible to other ones.

staff

Re: is it possible 2 edit p2f document?

Post by staff » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:56 am

Print2Flash documents themselves cannot be edited after generation. If you need to update the document, you must make changes to the original document and then convert it again to a Flash document.
In principle, you may add addtional contents to document pages and store it elsewhere. To draw contents on a page, you may obtain a reference to the page movie instance using this code:

Code: Select all

var page1=doc.Pages[0].movie
Here the 0 index refers to the first page, the 1 would refer to the second page and so on. Then you may attach an empty movie clip to this instance and draw on that movie using standard drawing capabilities of MovieClip class.
Note that this method is currently undocumented and may stop to work in future versions of Print2Flash. We plan to add documented methods for doing this in the future.

robert

Re: is it possible 2 edit p2f document?

Post by robert » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Is there any update regarding the above method to refer to the p2f document? I couldn't find any reference in the online documentation. We would like to refer to the p2f document as a 'canvas' from a component within the Flex app. Is this in any way possible?

Many thanks,
Robert