FLEX / IOS dev

Publishing Print2Flash Documents embedding them in Flex applications
loicremy
FLEX / IOS dev

Post by loicremy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:52 am

Hi,

I'm currently working on a mobile application built in FLEX. I need to use it on Android tablet and Ipad IOS to display many embeded documents (PDF P2F converted) INSIDE the app.

I started test with Print2Flash and it works very well on Andrid. The problem is that nothin appear on IOS Ipad using the same application source.

My question : Is Print2Flash usable on IOS, and if yes, did I miss something ?

Thank you in advance for advises !

Loic

staff

Re: FLEX / IOS dev

Post by staff » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:59 pm

It seems that there is a limitation on iOS which does not allow executing scripts in the loaded SWF files because it is "prohibited by Apple" (see, for example, this page: http://blogs.adobe.com/airodynamics/201 ... ps-on-ios/). Hence Print2Flash documents in Single File format rely on ActionScript code to display their contents, the document files do not work. It is most apparently in the case of using of Loader class when no exceptions are thrown but the document is still not displayed.

Alternative approach would be using “Single File per Page” format. When generating documents in this format, Print2Flash creates multiple SWF files for each document, a single file per each document page. These files do not contain any ActionScript in them so the supposed ActionScript problem should not apply to this format. You may load these files into your application and display them as you need it. However, you will need to develop your own document viewer for this format. Print2Flash SDK contains a simple example of such a viewer developed in Flash CS Professional (the SDK can be downloaded from our download page at http://print2flash.com/download.php ; the sample is located in the CustomViewer\SingleFilePerPage folder of SDK archive).