Loading but no visible...

Publishing Print2Flash Documents embedding them in Flex applications
Bruno
Loading but no visible...

Post by Bruno » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:11 am

Hello,
I am able to load swf file into my flex application.
It works perfectly with any other swf file but not with a print2flash generated swf file.

In fact I see the "Loading..." logo for some milliseconds on my screen but after... nothing. Maybe a security setting but I think it may throw an exception iif it was the case...

For information I have no compiler errors nor warnings.

I am using the server mode trial edition for the moment and want to buy a licence at the end of the trial period.

Thanks for your help...

Bruno

staff

Re: Loading but no visible...

Post by staff » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:26 pm

For embedding into Flex please use the technique set out in this help topic: http://print2flash.com/help/UsingDocume ... omFlex.php

Bruno

Post by Bruno » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:40 am

In fact I wish to use print2flash documents in AS3 code. I 've read the tutorial on your website but I obtain the behaviour described in my previous message. I have the "Loading..." icon but after nothing appears.

Could you help me please?

staff

Post by staff » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:30 pm

To embed Print2Flash documents into AS3 movies please use the method described here: http://print2flash.com/help/UsingDocume ... ashCS3.php

Bruno

Post by Bruno » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:23 am

I have already read it.
In fact it seems to work with swf wich are in the workspace and designated by this kind of path "myFile.swf" but it doesn't work with THE SAME FILE using the absolute path "C:\Documents...\myFile.swf"

Any help on this?

Bruno

Post by Bruno » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:35 am

When reading the flex 3 documentation on the web and more precisely the LocalConnection doc I found this:

"Different domains with unpredictable domain names...to indicate that the receiving and sending LocalConnection objects are not in the same domain, precede the connection name with an underscore (_), in both the connect() and send() calls"

And... it works... maybe a patch would be necessary?

Thanks for your help

Bruno

staff

Post by staff » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:37 am

We checked how our Flash CS3 sample works with absolute URLs and found no problems. So it's strange that it does not work for you.
Do you mean that you added underscore to the connection string generated in the Print2FlashDoc class constructor and it worked for you? We will add that underscore anyway in the next version of Print2Flash SDK as it was our intention initially (actually Flex component already uses that underscore).

Bruno

Post by Bruno » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:08 am

Yes I added the underscore as first character of the connstr attributes and it works now.

Thanks for your help.