"This content requires the Adobe Flash Player..."

Wtite here if you are not sure in which category to create your topic
jisner
"This content requires the Adobe Flash Player..."

Post by jisner » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:21 pm

I recently reported a problem I'm having converting pdf to flash. I originally thought the problem was related to a Firefox plugin called FlashBlock. But now I'm convinced it has nothing to do with Firefox.

I get the error message

This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. It either has not been installed yet or is prohibited by your browser security settings.

However (a) Adobe Flash Player is definitely installed (Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.12.36) and (b) my browser happily displays flash content (I even REMOVED the FlashBlock plugin just to be sure).

Details: Print2Flash (version 2.7.3 PRO mode) on Windows XP Pro. This is probably the first pdf file that I have attempted to convert to flash, so the problem may be an old one, or it may have been caused by my upgrade to v 2.7.3.

Any suggestions?

jaymz

Re: "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player..."

Post by jaymz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:31 pm

JavaScript also needs to be enabled for the page. I'm guessing that's not your problem... but I thought I'd mention it anyway [just in case].

I've seen similar issues with the "NoScript" Add-On.

jisner

Re: "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player..."

Post by jisner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked Firefox and javascript is indeed enabled, so that's not the problem. I suspect the problem is really basic. I get the error message with ALL file formats, not just pdf's. I tried doc, odt, and even txt.

I should mention that I upgraded to v2.7.3 a back in November, but can't recall actually testing the program after the upgrade. I installed the new version without removing the old version, and this could be the problem (unless a vendor says "Be sure to remove the old version before installing the new version," I don't do it). So I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks again!