Preloading & Caching?

Questions regarding using Print2Flash documents
Sares
Preloading & Caching?

Post by Sares » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:23 pm

HI,

as told in my previous post I am evaluating the demo rigtht now.

I've converted a 3MB PDF file to SWF and it's filesize was round about 2.4 MB.
Afterwards I've uploaded the file to the webserver and opened the SWF in my browser.

My question is, if there are some preloader and/or caching mechanisms included in the SWF,
because it took quite long to load the SWF and I assume it loads the whole file at once.
Assume the SWF would not have 6 but 200 pages I don't know how this amount could be
handled and how long it would take. Will it be secure for the servers performance?

Can you explain in detail how this "issue" is resolved within Print2Flash please??

Thank you very much,
Sares

staff

Re: Preloading & Caching?

Post by staff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Print2Flash documents support asynchronous loading, i.e. they start showing the document contents with empty pages before it is loaded in full. While pages are being loaded, the following message is shown on the pages that are not yet loaded: "Loading page X of Y". As pages complete their loading, this message is replaced with actual page contents. If you do not experience this behavior and you do not see this "loading" message, can you send to our support e-mail or give us a link to the document with which you experience this problem so that we could investigate it?

biju708

Post by biju708 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:02 am

I am experiencing the above problem as well i.e no asynchronous loading. My file is about 32mb and I have to wait an eternity with a blank screen before it starts to show. The file was converted from a PDF document.

biju708

Post by biju708 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 am

any help on this one ???