Update 2.7 Installation problem

Problems with Print2Flash installation
Frederic
Update 2.7 Installation problem

Post by Frederic » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:31 am

I installed the update 2.7 over the 2.5.1 PRO version and i got the error " Could not install printer driver. Error code: 2 "
i tryed again and it work, but it's seem that i dont have the new options install.
i tryed a third time and still got the same error.

My spool printer is started and in automatic mode
Same thing on 2 different computer

Thank you

Frederic

Re: Update 2.7 Installation problem

Post by Frederic » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:06 am

ok i think i found why, i remove the older version with the Add/remove program and install it again. It seem to work now

staff

Post by staff » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:03 pm

Yes, you need to uninstall previous version of Print2Flash before installing new one. In some cases it is possible to install a new version over the old version without uninstalling it but this is possible only if Print2Flash files are not locked by other applications. So uninstalling Print2Flash (and may be even restaring a computer after that) is a more appropriate course of action.

jisner

Post by jisner » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:32 pm

I ran into the same problem upgrading from 2.7.1 to 2.7.3. I never uninstall programs before installing upgrades unless instructed to do so. So it would be nice if your installation instructions mentioned this. Even better, the Installation Wizard might check for an existing version first and (if one is found) warn the user to uninstall it before proceeding.