Problem with API calls on version 2.7.3

Using Batch Processing and Enhanced Batch Processing
nikhiljain
Problem with API calls on version 2.7.3

Post by nikhiljain » Tue May 19, 2009 9:07 am

I am using batch processing technique to convert the document to Print2Flash SWFs.
i am using the API functionality which comes with the SWF generated by Print2Flash.One of the functions is printTheDocument()method. But when i install version 2.7.2 of print2flash & use its COM object in our .Net application to call the batch conversion procedure of P2F, the document generated from this process supports the API calls (printTheDocument()method works in those documents). But when I use the Latest version 2.7.3, the SWF file generated by the batch process does not support this API call.

One issue I see with using version 2.7.2 is that some optimizations were done in version 2.7.3 for SWF generation which might have some performance impact
This link (http://print2flash.com/news.php#111008) mentions about the optimization done in version 2.7.3 .

Following .NET code we are using in batch process to convert the documents to SWFs using Print2Flash COM object.

P2F.Server p2fServer = new P2F.Server();

P2F.BatchProcessingOptions BatchPref = new P2F.BatchProcessingOptions();

P2F.PrintingPreferences PrintPref = new P2F.PrintingPreferences();

PrintPref.Orientation = P2F.PAPER_ORIENTATION.ORIENT_PORTRAIT;

P2F.Profile pprofile = new P2F.Profile();

pprofile.InterfaceOptions = (int)(P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTNEWWIND | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTROTATE | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTDRAG | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTSELTEXT | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTGOTOPAGE | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTZOOMSLIDER | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTFITWIDTH | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTFITPAGE | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTPREVPAGE | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTNEXTPAGE | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTZOOMSLIDER | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTZOOMBOX | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTSEARCHBOX | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTSEARCHBUT | P2F.INTERFACE_OPTION.INTPRINT);

pprofile.ProtectionOptions = (int)P2F.PROTECTION_OPTION.PROTENAPI;
pprofile.FlashVersion = 8;
pprofile.UseJpeg = true;
pprofile.JpegQuality = 30;

BatchPref.PrintingTimeout = GetSeconds(InputFileName);

p2fServer.ConvertFile(InputFileName, OutputFileName, pprofile, BatchPref, PrintPref);

Why the “print” functionality does not work in version 2.7.3? I would like to understand what performance degrade I will see in using version 2.7.2.

Thanks,
Nikhil