Softmaker office and Print2flash via API

Using OLE Automation API
alan
Softmaker office and Print2flash via API

Post by alan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi,

I'm having problems getting softmaker office 2008 to work with Print2Flash. More specifically, TextMaker (.doc) seems to work fine via the automation API but PlanMaker (.xls) and Softmaker Presentations (.ppt) won't. They do however work just fine when logged in as the same user the automation API/print2flash service is running under. I can manually print .xls and .ppt to flash (.swf) but via the API it just hangs and gives a "Before printing timeout expired error". When manually printing there are no other dialogs or options to click on so there's nothing like that which is hanging the printing.

Any ideas?

alan

Re: Softmaker office and Print2flash via API

Post by alan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:51 pm

BTW - you can download a trial here:

http://www.softmaker.net/down/ofw08ev.exe

erikbartlow

Post by erikbartlow » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:48 pm

I'm using the same Softmaker office to try and convert documents on my server. Did you ever get it working? I can't even get .doc files to convert. I keep getting the "Before printing..." message.

staff

Post by staff » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:18 pm

SoftMaker Office seems not to support programmatic printing properly. You may check this if you drag any documents handled by SoftMaker Office to Print2Flash Printer icon in the Printers and Faxes window which can be opened from the Control Panel. Upon dropping the document on the printer icon nothing happens, i.e. Softmaker Office does not start document printing. Since Print2flash uses the same method for programmatic conversion of documents to Flash, it cannot convert documents with Softmaker Office. Softmaker Office needs to be fixed to support programmatic printing properly.
Note that if you drag a document to another printer icon. printing does not start either so it seems not be an issue with Print2Flash but with SoftMaker.