Image Conversion Acting Wacky

Questions related to converting various types of documents
revox
Image Conversion Acting Wacky

Post by revox » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi, I have been experimenting with an older version of P2F that works perfectly, however I just downloaded and purchased the server license and it is acting strange when converting images.

When I try to convert this image:

It ends up making it landscape and cropping it in wired places so the entire image does not show.

If I try to convert images that have a length greater than the standard page length P2F decides to crop the image in what seems to be a random area. Like I said the older demo version I was using before did not do this, it worked perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I use the automation API instead of the the P2F program, the preference settings appear to have no effect. It always comes out exactly the same.

P2FPref = P2F.DefaultPrintingPreferences
P2FPref.Resolution = 96
P2FPref.Orientation = 1
P2FPref.SetFormName("Letter")
P2FPref.SetCustomPaperSize(10.1, 11.27)
P2FPref.ApplyChanges()

revox

Re: Image Conversion Acting Wacky

Post by revox » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:24 am

Ok more info...

It is only doing this weird rotation/landscape/cropping thing in Vista. I have the program installed on 2 Vista machines and 2 XP machines. It works fine on both XP machines and does the wacky stuff on both Vista machines.

Please help.

galaxybeing

Re: Image Conversion Acting Wacky

Post by galaxybeing » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I just had the same problem (on Vista, didn't try XP). I found a way around it. I opened the jpeg with Windows Photo Gallery and clicked Print. In the preview it showed it in landscape, with Print2Flash as the printer. I clicked Options... then Printer Preferences... and change orientation to portrait and printed.