PDF Page size

Questions related to converting various types of documents
ashgupta
PDF Page size

Post by ashgupta » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:40 pm

I have some publications that are 8.5 x 11" , some that are 11 x 14" and some that are 11 x 12". It is quite inconvenient to change page size setting manually each time. Is there a way that Print2Flash can detect automatically?

Ash

ashgupta

Re: PDF Page size

Post by ashgupta » Sat May 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Guys,

Does anyone have the answer to this? I want to batch process several pdf files while maintaining their respective page sizes. Let me know your thoughts.

Ash

staff

Re: PDF Page size

Post by staff » Tue May 20, 2008 5:16 am

We checked this issue and it appears that Adobe Reader always uses paper size setup for the printer and discards page settings setup for the PDF document. As Print2Flash relies on Adobe Reader to convert PDF files and as Adobe Reader instructs it to use the paper size of the printer, Print2Flash in itself can do nothing to change this behavior.

A possible solution would be writing a program that reads paper size settings from each PDF document, sets the paper size read from the document and then converts the document using Print2Flash. For example, it is possible to read document paper size using API provided by the Adobe Acrobat Professional