Convert HTML to SWF

Questions related to converting various types of documents
prof.silviobernardes
Convert HTML to SWF

Post by prof.silviobernardes » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:07 am

Hello,

In c#.net i need convert on porcion of html code in a swf file. I need create one html file first or i create directly a swf file?

I have a probelm when i run your aspnet example and try create a html file to swf file. I receive this error: "Timeout expired". I'm using Windows vista and a 32 bits processor. It's permissions? Please help-me it's urgent.

Tks.

staff

Re: Convert HTML to SWF

Post by staff » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:04 am

To convert an HTML document to Flash you need to save this document file to disk and the convert it using Print2Flash Automation API with ConvertFile method of Server object.

Do you receive "Timeout expired" or "Before printing timeout" message? "Timeout expired" message means that that the printign application (such as Internet Explorer) has started printing the document but was not able to complete it in the time specified by PrintingTimeout property of BatchProcessingOptions object. In this case you may need to increase this timeout value.

If you get "Before printing timeout" message, please see this forum topic: http://print2flash.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5

Please check if you have Internet Explorer registered for printing of HTML files. For this right click an HTML file in Widnows Explorer and choose "Convert to Flash (.swf) using Print2Flash" from the context menu. Then you should see the standard Internet Explorer Print dialog. If Internet Explorer is not registered for printing of HTML files, you should make it the default browser by setting "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser" option in its Internet Options window.