Can't get PHP SDK sample working

Using OLE Automation API
jmunning
Can't get PHP SDK sample working

Post by jmunning » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 pm

I've followed the instructions in the readme and configured the print2flash service. When I run the example and upload a file I hear a "ding" (as if an error window popped up, but there isn't one). Then after 30 seconds it seems the script times out and I get onyl this on the page

Convert Document to Flash
File uploaded
Converting C:\Documents and Settings\....\print2flashsdk\Automation\Samples\PHP\uploadedfiles\\test.doc => C:\Documents and Settings\....\print2flashsdk\Automation\Samples\PHP\convertedfiles\\test.swf

I inserted the ..., the file path looked correct to me

For the record, I got the same "ding" and script timeout when I tried to run

echo exec('p2fserver.exe test.doc test.swf');

From a php script. Is this a security issue I need to resolve? I tried the "Troubleshooting" suggestion of running dcomcnfg, but no luck.

test.doc shows up in my uplaodedfiles folder, but there isn't anything in convertedfiles

staff

Re: Can't get PHP SDK sample working

Post by staff » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:54 pm

Which user did you setup to use by Print2Flash service? Try to specify an administrator user. Also, see this topic http://print2flash.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5 The problem described there usually stems from the same source as yours.
Can't you convert only doc files or other types of files as well (e.g txt)? The problem may be in the application registered in your system for printing of doc files (e.g. MS Word). You may try to re-install it.

jmunning

Post by jmunning » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. I created an admin user to run the service as. txt files do work, but they are the only ones. I'll keep trying.

staff

Post by staff » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:07 am

Try to login locally to Windows using the account you created and see if you can convert documents by right clicking them and choosing "Convert to Flash (.swf) using Print2Flash" as described in this topic: http://print2flash.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5 If you can convert documents in this way under that account, it usually means programmatic conversion via automation would work, too.